Saturday, May 17, 2008

Preaching

Today is sat. On June 22, I am preaching a youth meeting in Arkansas. I am nervous. I know it's a long time away but this is my first meeting where I am just preaching. I don't have the message yet.
Still praying and studying trying desperately to find exactly what God wants me to say. I know that God will give a message as long as I stay in the middle of His will. Hey, IN THE Middle of his will , I like the sound of that....... I surrendered to preach about 3 years ago at Living Waters Youth Camp. I knew that God wanted me to surrender a long time before I went to camp.... what is so weird about it is the girl I told you about.. her dad was preaching when I surrendered. I don't remember what He said. All I could think about is the consequences of not doing what God has called me to do ( I preached on that).. I finally, after all this time of telling myself that I could not preach and God wanted me to be a Guitar player or a church member I used every excuse I could think of, then God reminded me that I was His. The Bible say the we are bought with a price.. God sent His son to die the most cruel and brutal deaths so that we could go to heaven. Why would you not want to serve Him? I challenge you to not only serve Him but to be totally surrendered. To surrender your mind and your thoughts. One of the hardest things to do is surrender your mind. To also surrender your body. God did not only pay for your mind and your soul. He paid for all of you and all of you belongs to God. And finally your should accept the gift Of eternal life. Give to God what He has already bought...............

No comments: